Something about this summer has really suited the cockroaches and that has manifested as a localised bout of pestilence in Hamilton and the surrounding areas.
While they're not everyone's cup of tea when they appear in the letterbox under a pile of junk-mail; or when they scurry across the wall while you're in bed at night, the very good news is that they're very easily managed.
What you can do:
- clear foliage from right up against the house
- try to avoid disturbing the bark in your bark garden
- move barbecues, garden furniture, storage boxes away from the house when not in use
What we can do:
- internal misting to kill any cockroaches (and any other bugs for that matter) hiding inside
- external treatment to stop them climbing up and crawling into your home
With the wet weather coming, these guys are looking for dry places to hide and lay their egg cases. If you have them around, you'll notice they tend to appear more when it's raining; that's because they don't like getting wet and it's your warning that you're likely to see plenty more of them come winter.
It may or may not be true that they'd survive a nuclear winter but it's an absolute certainty that they won't survive a Waikato one if we come and deal with them for you now!!
Give Green Agenda a call on 0800 647 336 and we'll come to your home and sort these guys out for you in one visit.